With Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party in full swing (there’s one tomorrow night! Get schedule here!) I thought you all might be looking for ways to get the most out of this hard ticket event. Ticket’s start at $74 and go up, depending on the night.
We have attended many, many times with children of all ages. It’s my daughter’s favorite Disney party. She had her first trick-or-treat experience at the party and now, at 24, it’s still her preferred way to usher in the fall season.
But with so much going on, it’s easy to get star struck and miss out on a lot of the fun. Here is your guide to maximize your time!
- Arrive early! This is one special event that you don’t need a regular admission park ticket to attend. AND, little known fact, you can enter the park as early as 4pm for the 7pm party. Use this time to visit attractions that have little to no wait time (you won’t be able to utilize Fast Pass) or have an early dinner. Then, you’ll be ready to go as soon as the party begins. Added bonus – you’ll be in the park as it transforms to it’s special spooky self.
- Special entertainment – There’s the Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular at the castle stage. The Happy Hallowishes Fireworks display. The Boo-To-You Parade. And be sure and see the Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet in Frontierland.
- I’m going to reiterate making time for the special entertainment. We are a “ride centric” family and as the kids got older and didn’t need the rest, would race from attraction to attraction to make the most of the short queues. Our more recent trip, my daughter made us stop and “look at the ducks” and enjoy the Hocus Pocus Spectacular. It was a blast! So worth slowing down our regular pace.
- Position yourself in a Boo-To-You parade viewing location that is close to your favorite attraction. My kids love Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain. One time we watched the parade from Frontierland, the other with our backs to Tomorrowland. Then, as SOON as the parade is over, we hightail it over to our preferred attraction and hop on with little to no wait.
- Take advantage of the Photo Pass opportunities. You don’t want to miss out on the special spooky additions to your photos!
- Speaking of photos, get your picture taken with special (and regular) characters – Jack Skellington and Cruella Deville
- This party is not the time to visit Magic Kingdom for the very first time. If it IS your first visit, make sure you have a park ticket for the previous day or earlier that day so you can experience all the attractions that are must-do for you. That way, you can truly enjoy the added bonus of celebrating Halloween with Mickey when the party begins.
- Unless this is your child’s ONLY chance to trick-or-treat, avoid the candy stations. The lines get long. It isn’t the best candy in the world. And your child is probably already getting a high sugar vacation diet during your visit.
- Today is not the day to push it from the wee hours of the morning to the wee hours of the night. Be rested. Schedule a relaxing morning and afternoon. Then be raring to go by the time the party begins.
- On that note, my son just looked over my shoulder and said, “And don’t stay up until 1am, get 5 hours of sleep and expect to have fun the next day. When you dragged us to Animal Kingdom the next morning after the Halloween party – oh man. That was brutal!”
- Don’t forget to dress the part. Even adults get into the spirit with fun Halloween costumes. Your kids will be able to trick-or-treat in style. Just make sure your child can move freely and see clearly. This is a very active party with lots to see and do. Costumes must be family friendly and free of any weapon-like props. Disney reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who doesn’t adhere to their policy.
- Special menu items appear at the restaurants and spooky treats will pop up at the kiosks and counter service locations. Yum!
- Pick up a schedule of all the special events when you enter the park. You don’t want to out on the fun!
- Shoppers need to be on the lookout for special Halloween Party pins and souvenirs.
- Once you try it you’ll be hooked! Savor and enjoy!